Tuesday, July 26, 2016

REVIEW: Maybelline Fit Me® Matte+Poreless Foundation in 235 Pure Beige

I'm in a tight budget. However, I like makeup. So when I see something I like on sale, my eyes light up! That's what happened when I saw Maybelline Fit Me foundation on sale. I have been hearing a lot of good things about this product but I have a number of liquid foundation so I never thought of buying it. In Shoppers, this goes for about $12 but in Walmart, about $9. I know, I do not get it too. When I got this, it was on sale for about $6.  It has 1 fl. oz, just like most of the drugstore liquid foundation, and it comes in a glass bottle without a pump.


I read somewhere that the shades ending in 5 have cool undertone while the ones ending in 0 have warm. This one is a little off because it looks okay on me when I have warm undertone. So I guess it is neutral. It says it is fit for normal to oily skin. 

Claims:
  • Mattifies and refines pores
  • Matches natural tone
  • Natural, seamless finish
Here is how it looks swatched and blended a little:



It is liquidy so be careful when you pour it on the back of your hand or something. A little goes a long way for this product. It does not dry fast so you can just put the product on your whole face and blend it later. I think a liquid foundation brush or sponge are both okay to use with this product although I prefer the latter. Here is what my skin looks like bare:


Below shows one layer:


Then two layers (I decided to see how it looks like with a little more):


Then below, with Maybelline powder foundation:


For a clearer comparison (so you can see the blurred pores):


It lasted more than eight hours in my face and it did not make me oil up, given that I was out most of the time the day I tested it. It does transfer a tiny, tiny bit but that's okay. 

Final thoughts: Don't be like me - buy this product. It is worth every money. If you are somebody who wants to put on something in the morning but has not time, try this. This bad boy delivers! Let us just hope and pray to the beauty gods that they change the packaging and release one with a pump. 

PROs
√ blendable
√ lightweight
√ buildable, ligh to medium coverage
√ has a good range of colors
√ available in a lot of stores

CONs
√ no pump

No comments:

Post a Comment